Re: [suse-security] kdm - shows all user on login screen
  • From: Andreas Tirok <Andreas.Tirok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:29:06 +0100
Hi Raffy,

Raffy wrote:

> > > Use kdmconfig

> > In general, this is not a secret. "cat /etc/passwd" or "ls /home" show
> > this information too.
>
> No, you are not right. I mean users which are logged in may do this, but not
> those which are about to log on. Those should not have a clue about the
> users which exist on a system.
> Or do I miss something here?

The initial idea was to hide the other users
to any non authorized person, which has no
account. For example in rooms crauded by
visitors, where also some employees work. The visitors
travel through the room an may see a
kdm logon screen. They may notice the accounts
and try to break in from home or somewhere
else. In fact there is a firewall, but
I want to prevent this scenario.

andy
--