Re: SuSEfirewall version for Linux 6.3
  • From: dproc <dproc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:18:43 -0500
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, dproc wrote:

> Which is the latest stable (non-beta) version of Marc's
> script that is compatible with SuSE 6.3 ?
>
> I ask because the latest in the updates directory for 6.3 is
> version 2.1. The 7.0 distro has version 2.6 and Volker
> K. has packaged version 3.2 for the contribs directory. So
> I am confused.
>
> dproc

Today I installed the tarball of SuSEfirewall 4.2 directory,
on to my home dial-out SuSE 6.3 workstation system.

Marc's CHANGELOG says versions 3.2 and 4.2 are gamma
(not beta) versions. So I guess 2.6 is the latest official
release, and should be found in the 6.3 updates directory.
Am I right?

The tarball contains an upgraded ip-up script from 7.0 which
also works fine on this 6.3 system.

I am pleased with the simple configuration for a
workstation. www client, mail and ftp client are working
well. My kernel now denies and logs incoming active ftp
data, but allows passive ftp.

Thanks Marc and Volker.
dproc