Re: [suse-security] (cross-posted) [SLE] my apsfilter environment messed up
  • From: dproc@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:57:08 -0500
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, dproc wrote:

> I can't print anything, because my apsfilter script
> (Version: S.u.S.E.-1.6) starts choking as soon as it starts.
> It reports a stream of errors as soon as it is called by the
> lpd.
>
> The first error in its log is always
> head: command not found

A kind person wrote off-list
"I had the same problem. When I changed the mode of /etc/rc.config to 644
everything was fine. Lpd couldn't read the configuration."

Good suggestion. I just tried it - no effect. The only
problem with the script is that it cannot find system
binaries, such as head, tr, tail, grep, cut.

Debugging the script with "set" near the beginning reveals
that PATH does contain /usr/bin.

What could cause these binaries to be not found ??

dproc