security-website (Re: [suse-security] bind8.2.3 rpm realised [!!!!!!!!])
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 04:25:43 +0100 (MET)

> There is also the Linux security list:
>
> http://www.securityportal.com/list/linux-security/

yes, yes... Kurt, your portal is well-known by now.

> And the weekly digest:
>
> http://www.securityportal.com/topnews/weekly/linux.html
>
> Hey SuSE, why not just dump the files into a dir automatically and have an
> hourly cronjob check for new files and build HTML?

Not so easy. There's more behind it, there's not just a braindead
webserver firing out these dumb webpages. Some more things build on these
webpages that make it fragile to automate.

With a bit of experience you don't even want to login any more for kernel
upgrades or to check the temperature. Believe me: I would have been the
first to make this thing automatic if at all possible.
But I'll check that again next month.

> P.S. who plans to be at linuxtag in stuttgart?

Roman.
--
- -
| Roman Drahtm├╝ller <draht@xxxxxxx> "Caution: Cape does not |