port forwarding/masquerading question
  • From: Samartha <ZYHZVHAEOMMU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:32:37 -0700
Now I got one too:

Scenario:

inner LAN ----- firewall ----- internet $INET-IP
$LAN-IP |

| $DMZ-IP
DMZ w/ web & mail server with masq private IP's

going from inner LAN to DMZ/web server using internet IP addresses (URL's going thru DNS) hangs.

Using the $DMZ-IP from inner LAN connects fine ( using ipchains forward queue on FW).

I'll need to intercept the internet $INET-IP coming from the inner LAN, masq them in the firewall to DMZ-IP and send them to the dmz interface.

How would I do that? Linux Kernel is 2.2.16.

Suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Samartha

  • No further messages