Re: [suse-security] relaying
  • From: <semat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:39:04 +0300 (EAT)
> Which version is your sendmail package (`rpm -q sendmail')?
sendmail version 8.9.3

> sendmail should reject relaying attempts with the latest distributions.
>
> Make sure you did not use a sendmail.cf file from an older distribution!
> The file that you need is /etc/mail/access (don't forget to
> `makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access.db'!).
I always rehash my db files after making changes. Besides I have also
noticed that it seems to ignore certain files like genericstable.db It
reads the virtuser table but access and relay-domains no way yet the lines
are there in sendmail.cf lines like
# Generics table (mapping outgoing addresses)
Kgenerics hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable.db

# Virtual user table (maps incoming users)
Kvirtuser hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db

# Access list database (for spam stomping)
Kaccess hash -o /etc/mail/access.db