Re: [suse-security] relaying
  • From: Nix <nix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:40:09 +1000
I had a quick look at the .cf file, and I'm pretty sure my last mail is correct.
You don't seem to actually have the rulesets to process the genericstable,
just the definition. Also, you will probably find that mailertable and the like
don't work as well. I suggest you rebuild the cf file from scratch...

erm.. regards the inflex scanner, I have never seen it, but you may
want to have a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mfilter
It's a project I'm working on with a couple of others that works
quite nicely as a email virus scanner...
It currently uses AVP to good effect.

At 07:18 PM 8/22/2000 +0300, you wrote:

> I can't verify this behaviour. Did you follow Werner Fink's hints in
> /etc/mail/genericstable?
you mean about the syntax of the file yes. I was trying to use it to make
my mail appear to come from another account but it refused e.g the machine
is wawa.eahd.or.ug but I want the mail fromaccount semat to appear to come
from ksemat@xxxxxxxxx so I did
semat ksemat@xxxxxxxxx and did makemap hash -f
/etc/mail/genericstable.db < /etc/mail/genericstable and restarted
sendmail to no avail.

> Hmmm. I also can't verify this.
>
> Are you aware that some of the features just don't get used if you relay
> your mail through the server?
?? I am using the server itself not relaying through it.
However I had made some changes inorder to use the inflex antivirus
scanner so I have attached sendmail.cf. Sorry list I couldn't think of
another way.