Re: [suse-security] Security announcements
  • From: "Johann G. Hautzinger" <trema@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:42:18 +0100
Yasholomew Yashinski wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, John Grant wrote:
>
> > > How many people sit 24/7 reading security mailinglists?
>
> I assume people are subscribed because they want to recieve security
> updates are they're dicovered, not when someone decides they have time to
> post them.
>
> > No SA worth the title would need to take that much time to keep up.
> > Besides, that's like asking, "what if the night-watchman falls asleep?".
>
> I guess I should imform my employer (who I'm willing to bet is a bigger
> "player" then your employer), that I have to wait for the John Grant[tm]
> approval I'm worthy? If the night watchman falls asleep you should look
> for a new employee.
>
> > > What if sysadmin is at weekend trip with his sailing boat?
> >
> > If the night-watchman takes the weekend off then you get someone to take
> > his place. Or you do without, make sure you lock the doors as best you
> > can, and take your chances.
>
> And so this states your position on security. Unlike you, I would
> assume most users on this list care about their systems/networks.

please stick to facts - i am not interested whose boss is the bigger
player or who is better in security - i am here for security and for
discussion of it

*greetz* from Vienna

Trema

ps flame me if you wish, i do not care

--
Johann Georg Hautzinger, email: trema@xxxxxx, Tel.: 531 00 1907
Erste Bank AG - OE 0423 - Orga./Entw. Treasury u. Orga.Wertpapier

< Previous Next >
List Navigation