[opensuse-ruby] Another presentation which is good to see
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:50:14 +0100
Hi,
I see some videos and find two good which is good to see - both are from
Scotland Ruby conference (and added to our learning source
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Development/TrainingKit/Learning_Ruby_and_Rails
)

http://scotland-on-rails.s3.amazonaws.com/2A04_DaveThomas-SOR.mp4
http://scotland-on-rails.s3.amazonaws.com/2A08_JoeOBrianJimWeirich-SOR.mp4
(whole list of scotland presentation is there ( I see other three videos, but I
think it is not so useful) -
http://www.rubyinside.com/scotland-on-rails-presentations-now-online-27-awesome-videos-1799.html
)
The first one is about ruby object model, which describes how objects works in
ruby and how you can benefit from it. It is good to see if you still has
problem what means '<<' or 'class << self' or other tricks with objects and
modules.
The second one is about refactoring code and how to avoid common mistakes. It
is imaginary dialog and it is quite funny (geek fun :). Good to see especially
if you want use too much meta-programming after watching the first video (or
how to write more robust test, how to improve bad test covered code etc.)

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast
(language,time,basesystem,ntp)