[opensuse-project] openSUSE Board candidacy
  • From: Ish Sookun <ish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 23:49:10 +0400
Hello folks,

I am Nitin Sookun, also known as Ishwon or Ish, from Mauritius. I work
as an Application Management Engineer at Orange Business Services & I
am openSUSE Advocate since 2010.

During the past years I have evangelized openSUSE by participating in
various Linux Festivals\Seminars & presented the project. Since a few
months I'm also organizing weekly Linux meetups where junior penguins
are popping in. That way we had 5 new advocates from Mauritius & they
are doing a great job promoting openSUSE in their workplace &
university. I've also encouraged them to start their blog & write
about their experiences.

My openSUSE related blog posts can be found here :
http://hacklog.in/category/linux/opensuse-linux/

Well ... That was a quick intro about me & activities in Mauritius.

Being on the board, for me it'll be a chance to liaise with people &
empower the Advocates. The geeko should rise everywhere, on stat
pages, distrowatch, benchmark reports etc ... I have only recently
started liaising with developers & graphic designers locally. As a
board member I'll try to be the listening guy who can channel requests
& ideas to the correct destination, bringing also new people into the
project.

I hereby submit my candidature to be considered :)

Warm regards

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.