[opensuse-project] openSUSE Board candidacy
Hello fellow geekos,

Let's start with a little introduction. I've been involved in the openSUSE
project for more than 3 years by now while being amongst the top ten
contributors to Factory for most of the time. I mainly develop the Python and
Go stacks as well as OpenStack. Since I was part of the OBS team in the past,
I still contribute from time to time to source services, OBS and osc. But I
guess most contributors know me for my involvement in the reviewing process of
Factory submissions and maintenance updates. After taking over this
responsibility from darix and doing it alone for quite a while, I helped
shaping up the review team we have today. As a result, the review process that
was solely done by SUSE employees in the past shifted to a team that consists
of both SUSE employees and community members. I also created and maintain
openSUSE's Continuous Integration infrastructure that allowed to move formerly
internal-only testing processes into the hands of the community. There, we're
currently testing the OBS, our OpenStack packages and Yast.

As a board member, I would like to continue on that route and help others
opening up more of the processes and tools and transition them into the wider
openSUSE community. I don't have an easy answer nor the authority to address
challenging topics such as the foundation, but I believe in small, steady
step. So if you choose to vote for me, you shouldn't expect just a talker or a
regular meeting attendee, rather you would get our practical issues addressed.

Uhm, that was a little longer than intended, so without further ado, I hereby
would like to announce my candidacy for the openSUSE Board.
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke