[opensuse-project] (re)Standing for the openSUSE Board
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:36:31 +0000
Aloha fellow Geekos!

I was fortunate enough to have been elected to the Board two years
ago, and as always when you have fun time flies. As such my current
tenure on the Board is due to end this year.

As the openSUSE project is something that I value, believe in and
enjoy I would like to stand for re-election. I will not present my
campaign yet but will do so as of the 18 Nov, but what I will say is
this:

As an existing Board member I believe I can add further to what we
have done over the last two years and help continue the forward growth
of the project. Being on the Board is not all Unicorns and Bunnies,
there are some painful and somewhat ugly things thrown in there which
can be daunting; but as I have experienced them already I feel I am
better prepared to deal with any future gremlins and ultimately better
serve you.

The Board is here to represent you the community and not any corporate
entity, yes I work for ARM Ltd. but ensuring ARM is a well supported
architecture is not why I am running for re-election. I am running for
re-election because I believe that I am one of the right people to
help openSUSE prosper as a project and become a shining example of
what an open project can achieve.

Many thanks for your vote of confidence over the last two years, and I
hope you continue to trust me with your votes in the near future.

Kind regards and thanks for all the fun,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa
IRC: FunkyPenguin