[opensuse-project] Booster news
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:17:52 +0200
Dear friends,

The openSUSE boosters have been going through some changes lately. You
probably noticed some people left - one to play with ARM devices, another
doesn't paint green anymore and a third has his head in the cloud. Others left
for new things internally - all in all, leaving the team quite small. SUSE
responded by starting to hire new people and took this opportunity to see
where the booster team could do better.

So, today, while the team is not at full strength yet, we do have something to
announce. First of all, we've got a new team lead. Some of you might know him
as the Master of Money at KDE: Agustin Benito Bethencourt. He'll bring some
fresh ideas to the team and can help us stay Cool.

Second, to bring all openSUSE efforts in SUSE in one place, I will be joining
the Boosters team. Not much will change and I'll stay in Berlin for now but
I'll be working with them more.

So. No big changes anytime soon, but we'd wanted to let you know there's
something going on and we hope to be back at full strength in a few months,
with fresh ideas, energy and efforts to help openSUSE have fun!

Until then - we'll keep chippin' away at the build issues in 12.2 and the
other thing we've been doing.

love and hugs,
The Boosters