Re: [opensuse-project] gsoc
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Barry Nichols <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Rakesh,

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Rakesh Kumar wrote:

Here is my proposal
Will be very happy to receive any comments or suggestion.

I had a quick read through and it reads as if there is currently no such
thing as one-click-install, but the openSUSE website has one-click-install
links. What is the benefit over the current one-click-install process?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but maybe it would be clearer if the
current one-click-install process was mentioned and the benefits over that
are listed rather than listing the benefits we already get from the current
one-click-install process.

Also, I think the reason most people use one-click-install is because the
package they want to install isn't in the repositories they are currently
using, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of this.

Kind regards,

I for one only use the one-click-install if my current repo's don't
have the package I want.

I use "zypper in" for most packages, and occasionally yast if I need
to see more details to decide which version to install.

But it the I have to add a new repo I tend to use the online search
feature and one-click-install.