[opensuse-project] Drop the openSUSE project meetings on IRC?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:33:08 +0100
I'd like to propose or at least discuss dropping the bi-weekly
openSUSE project meetings on IRC.

Reasons are:
* because of timezones, work/family/etc, only a handful of
people is able to attend the meetings (and there is no
solution to that);
* as far as I've been attending those meetings (so that's a few
years now already), there have always been 5 or 6 people who
have participated (aside from the board team);
* there is nothing that is discussed there that couldn't be
discussed on the opensuse-project mailing list instead.

Now, that meeting also acts as a board meeting, but
* the board can still meet, that's up to the board team to
define;
* anyone can poke the board team any time via email or poke us
individually on IRC;
* as far as transparency is concerned, we can, should and will
publish emails about our decisions and our work anyway.

Any reason to keep the IRC project meetings?
I don't see any, even though I'm quite fond of IRC ;)

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green