Re: [opensuse-project] BTW
On 10.02.2012 00:24, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

On 02/09/12 at 10:54pm, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Koushik Kumar Nundy <kknundy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 7 February 2012 02:26, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I don't reply to mails in the next hours - I'm attempting an in-place
upgrade of my 32-bit system to 64. Just to see if Zypper et all. like me
:D

Please document the process. I would like to do something like that on my
Li-f-e box too.
My advice: don't.

Ok, I managed, but only with an openSUSE DVD and quite a few hours of
un-breaking my system ;-)

The idea is that you first do the kernel, than reboot, do
zypper/rpm/etc and the rest. But after doing the kernel it missed the
modules to mount my root so game over there...
Interesting, I have done it many times with no side effects as yet. I
start with editing /etc/zypp/zypp.conf where it describes the
architecture which is normally autodetected there I put x86_64 then run
zypper ref followed by zypper dup and finaly reboot with 64.

Togan

Do you think this also works from x86_64 to i586?

thanks,
--kdl