Re: [opensuse-project] Kickoff Meeting Update - Updates to theUpdate
All,

I add to the wiki with a couple of updates from my meeting with the SUSECon
planners yesterday.

1. Regarding the Orlando venue. We have plenty of conference rooms for
sessions, parties...
1 large room with stage for keynote sessions through Saturday morning
4 session rooms, with projector, screen, and audio system (Suggest 3 rooms for
sessions, 1-2 rooms for BoFs)
1 social lounge (We will need to decide how what we want in this room)
1 speaker ready room, with computers, project and printers
2 storage, conference prep rooms
1 Registration booth, with computers and printer
For evening events, we have the large ballroom or areas outside the convention
hall. I saw Jos' note about wanting to play chef. I asked Alexia to check
with the venue to see what options are available.

After meeting with the SUSECon planners I would suggest the following program
format:

Those that register by September 1 will be invited to attend the Friday SUSECon
sessions and closing keynote. (registration will help us manage catering and
other costs)
A suggested program format is:
Friday September 21 9:00 - 12:00 SUSECon sessions and closing
keynote
Friday September 21 14:00 - 17:00 openSUSE Event sessions
Friday September 21 18:00 - 22:00 openSUSE Event Evening
Celebration
Saturday September 22 9:00 - 10:00 openSUSE Event Keynote
Saturday September 22 10:00 - 17:00 openSUSE Event sessions
Saturday September 22 18:00 - 22:00 openSUSE Event Evening Party

For event registration and conference planning we will need to use our current
tool - indigo.The openSUSE event registration will occur through indigo.
SUSECon will have computers, printers setup for their registration system and
the venue. On September 16th, we should plan to transfer the registered names
from indigo into the SUSECon systems to print the conference badges. SUSECon
will supply the badge holders and lanyards, notebook and pen. It will be up to
use to supply additional materials such as printed programs or conference bags.

SUSECon has a roomblock, which will be made available in April. I asked the
SUSECon team to supply us with the html code needed to link to the roomblock
registration from our web.

Thanks,

AlanClark