Re: [opensuse-project] First Planning Meeting for openSUSE @ SUSECon

On 1/29/2012 at 10:21 AM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are launching the Kickoff meeting to plan for the openSUSE Conference
following SUSECon. This conference will be held in Orlando, Florida
September 21-23.

Meeting Information:
#openSUSE-Project Freenode IRC Channel [1]
Wednesday - 1 February, 2012
18:00 UTC (1 p.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Pacific) [2]

Now what?:
Please visit the wiki page which outlines our agenda, tasks and open
questions. [3]

Who should attend the kickoff meeting?:
We strongly encourage people from US, Canada, Mexico and Central America
to participate in the planning. We also encourage people from other
parts of the world who may or may not attend but still have valuable 2
cents to contribute to the planning. :-)

See you on Wednesday!

Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Project

[1] irc://freenode.net/#opensuse-project
[2] Local Time http://bit.ly/AoLcg6
[3] Wiki Page: http://en.opensuse.org/SUSECon_Planning

Can we have the meeting not IRC, I keep saying my work blocks it.
Which means another SCALE problem, I am going and I want to be
involved. BIG TIME!!!

Chuck, We want and need you to be involved "BIG TIME". (I love the big time
enthusiasm) I was the one that suggested at the last project meeting that we
hold an IRC meeting. Bryen volunteered to pull it together. So beat on me not
Bryen. I felt an IRC meeting would help kick things off, as we have much to get
started in a short time time frame. I recognize that not everyone can or will
be at an IRC meeting. IRC isn't and won't be the only channel of
communication. As was also decided at the project meeting much of the
discussion will happen on the -project mailing list. I'm sure people will miss
email as well so the intent is to write everything down on the wiki page [3] to
identify the areas of work to be done, etc. Since you won't be able to attend
the IRC meeting, add your questions, ideas and put your name on areas where
you'd like to help. We'll keep the wiki page as a repository for planning,
notes and decisions going forward. That way, people can refer to the wiki to
keep in sync, know who's volunteered for which tasks, who to beat up when
there's a call for IRC meetings, ... ;-)

By the way, thank you for your help with SCALE. You were missed; particularly
when we were totally swamped at the booth!

Cheers,

AlanClark