Re: [opensuse-project] Re: SOPA blackout - I don't think openSUSE ought to be making political statements.
On 21/01/12 00:42, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Saturday, January 21, 2012 00:29:00 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 21/01/12 00:17, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Thursday, January 19, 2012 00:29:59 Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2012-01-18 at 22:15 +0100, DenverD wrote:
On 01/18/2012 08:52 PM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
I was trying to point out that the reasoning behind taking part
in this protest promoting a certain politica agenda (no matter
how well intended) is rather arbitrary and the said slippery
slope.
And I'm rather surprised the board is even entitled to make
decisions about such matters which are at best peripherally
related to openSUSE on behalf of the project.
i agree and suggest the board grossly overstepped their authority
and
their irresponsible behavior should be dealt with in some
appropriate
fashion...their removal would not be any more radical than their
decision to jump into USA politics..

btw i am very anti-SOPA/PIPA but that is a private individual matter
between me (as a citizen) and my government....this Community and
its
Board has _no_ standing in this matter whatsoever...in fact it is
almost as childish to go black for a day as it is for the US
government
to think it can control the net in the first place...they do not
have a
clue.
I agree, too.

I may agree with the decission, but not in the form. The board can not
decide for all in something so important as taking a political stance.
Ooh, get over it. And the same goes for Guido, Denver and Per, by the
way. Blah Blah Blah.

A significant proportion of our user- and contributor base could be cut
off from our websites due to some ridiculous law in the USA. Half the
web, including sites like Wikipedia, is going black. In a public IRC
meeting the board takes the consensus on the channel and decides (on
short notice, there was little time) to join the worldwide protest.
They did what they should do - as board. And you all voted for them to
make decisions like these, so get of their backs and into your cage.

IF you have serious issues, send them to the board in private, don't
bikeshed.

Esp Denver - "irresponsible behavior of the board" - dude, take your
happy pills. You guys are, as usual, shooting with a canon at a flee at
2 feet distance and honestly it is getting VERY tiring.

Instead of bikeshedding, loadhttp://bit.ly/xY4Mzs and be useful.
You're overdoing the "bikeshed" crap.

And your language above does not fit in with your role as Community Manager.

BC
Oooh, I can't say bad words and call things by their name? Boehoe. It's my JOB
to do that.

Is it? Really? openSUSE Board members must have have rocks in their heads if this is what they wrote into your duty statement.

Others might block silly treads like this one, or simply
unsubscribe from the list. I'd rather unsubscribe those who start them and
keep em going.

Oh, I see....so now you can "unsubscribe" those who you think are being "naughty"? And how did you manage to acquire such powers? Kryptonite?

If I could this list would just have lost 4-5 people causing
85% of its traffic. And be a place of zen and tranquility again.

And you say this is not bikeshedding? let's see. 75 mails and counting, wel
over 20 by Per alone. Nothing new in the last 65 of those. Have I used the
term 'drama queens' yet? Let me apply that to this thread and those keeping it
pointlessly going...

When one falls into quicksand the more one struggles the deeper one sinks.

You are in quicksand.

BC

PS Do NOT respond to me using my private address as well as posting here in the mailing list. Adjust your mailer (Kmail) to stop doing this, thanks.

--
No one new to power has ever disarmed his subjects; on the contrary, finding
them disarmed new rulers have always armed them.