Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE server
  • From: Jörg Stephan <johe.stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:59:26 +0100
Hi there,

2011/12/13 Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>:
No, because I think doing it in the distribution itsself (= submit
packages to Factory) instead of starting a separate project would be
better and avoids some additional work.

So, maybe we have a little misunderstanding on my side. I really dont
know who makes the decision on which paket can be found in the
distribution. I know for example that there is a really good community
repo which gives mod_chroot
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Apache:/Modules/Apache_openSUSE_12.1/
i guess most of this modules could be needed in the distribution, to
fit a server (better).

I think it would really be better if the distribution itself could fit
this, it would make everything much easier. So what can I (we) do to
improve this?

Submit the packages you need to Factory.

Thats all?

If it is really just a feeling, I can prepare a kernel-feel-better
package containing (only) symlinks to /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/initrd and
a dependency on the default kernel *g,d&r*

Well, i will take a look what i can do :-)
By the way, what system runs the openSUSE infrastruktur?

The "minimal system" pattern is somewhat special, see my other mail
deeper in the thread about this.

Besides that, feel free to enhance the existing server-related patterns
or create new ones as needed.

Okay, sounds easy, but i think it wont be easy. I take a closer look.

- long term support
if needed, should be placed. I guess there should be no need, but
maybe a point to talk about.

You mean http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Evergreen ? People who help to
keep old releases maintained are more than welcome ;-)

Okay :-)

Wenn mir jemand im Klartext (deutsch oder schwäbisch) schreiben könnte
Om's scsi_mod musch di et kimmra, des kå modprobe en dr
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep, die vom depmod gschriba wird,
selbr rausfenda.   [> Ute Ferlein und David Haller in suse-linux]

Um das SCSI Module musst du dich nicht kümmern, das kann modprobe in
der /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep, die von depmod geschriben
wird, selbst rausfinden

Würde ich mal sagen.

Grüsse

Jörg