Re: [opensuse-project] help!!!!!
On 17.11.2011 21:28, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
Heya all,

As you might have noticed, one of the coolest things in openSUSE 12.1
is ownCloud/mirall. We have a SDB page explaining what it is and how
to install it:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:OwnCloud

Go, read, if you dont know yet! In short, it integrates ownCloud in
your desktop (GNOME/KDE/whatever).

Now for today, we had planned an extensive article to explain ownCloud
to our users and give them some more pointers on the what, how and
why. Unfortunately, this did not work out as ownCloud installation
still has a small issue: it requires not only the Network repository
but also a ruby gem from the rubygems repo (see the SDB page).

Klaas (who works most on mirall) is unfortunately not well and as you
know I am not smart enough to fix something like that. Moreover, I am
at LinuxCon and there is no wireless here - I can only check what
happens on the web once or twice a day. But we feel not comfortable,
releasing this without an easy way to install it. It would just give
openSUSE a bad image, while we are using mirall and ownCloud to show
how cool we are!

So, we need help.

A few people have to get together and try to fix this repo mess.
Either by including the rubygems repo in the one-click-install (thats
a simple and easy fix, yes), or find another way around it (no idea
how). Then update the SDB wiki page and next time I check online, I
will look if that page has been updated - if so, I will incorporate
the changes in the news article about ownCloud and publish it!

Hi Jos, I created a one click file that includes both repos here:
http://digitalflow.de/data/mirall.ymp

There are also other solutions in discussion, for example creating a dedicated
repository
for owncloud + mirall or pushing it to the 12.1 update channel.
Personally, I think it would be the most userfriendly solution to push it
through the update channel,
but I don't know if the maintenance team will do that.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team