Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing the openSUSE board election 2011
Thomas,

2011/11/14 Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
It's up to the candites to announce their candidacy on opensuse-project.
We (the election committee) will send the list of acknowledged candidates
when the application period ends, at 24.11.

We already have some candidates, but it would be good to have some more.
So if you would like to join the board, or would like to propose your
personal
opensuse hero for the board please send a mail to
election-officials@xxxxxxxxxxxx!

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team

Thanks for the information. It seems a bit unfortunate to me if
intents to run for board are not announced by the candidates at
opensuse-project ml. Actually while reading
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_election#Phase_0:_Notification_of_Intent_to_Run_or_nomination
this even is a requirement rather than a "nice to have". To my
impression it would be both an opportunity for the community to be
kept in the loop right from the beginning and also the initial
announcement by candidates to opensuse-project serves as the very
first part of the candidates' campaign/platform from my perspective.
Thus, it's IMO very desirable for the community to know about the
candidates right from the time/date they expressed their intent to run
for board as described in the election rules. Is my summary on the
subject entirely correct? What do you think about it?

Best,
Rupert Horstkötter
openSUSE Board Member
Email: rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx