Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] The release notes/product highlights for 12.1
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 05:54:27PM +0200, jdd wrote:
Le 25/10/2011 15:19, Per Jessen a écrit :

The biggest security risk is usually sat in front of the screen.
Regardless, it is difficult to accept that the security flaws in KDE3
should have increased since KDE4 was introduced.

thnak you for help :-). However, I try to be fair, and it's possible
that big holes be discovered recently, or happen with new hardware.

kde3 maintainers that want to continue should at least quote these (if
any).

I keep thinking that having such group (kde3 maintainer) is a plus for
openSUSE, whatever risk it gives. I'm not so sure that the risk of
having new software is not present also and we have to live with it.

as we have to use metaphors, some use cars, let me use sail boats. I
used to sail. I like to read wreck comments, let alone to see what was
wrong and what can be done to prevent them.

I wouls like to read stories of people having they server highjacked
through a security hole or by kde3 security problem. I certainly wont
run kde3 on any critical system, but if we should remove all the
softaware nobody should run on a critical system, we would not even
have internet...

Are there actually more developers than just Ilya?

Ciao, Marcus