RE: [opensuse-project] Re: Formal complaint
  • From: "Administrator" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 22:14:42 +0100
From: Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx [mailto:Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx]

<snip>
<about guiding principles>
It must be
allowed to say that certain behaviour is not acceptable because some
people feel offended.

That is a sure path to nowhere. Everything offends someone. ... and telling
someone they've caused offence usually offends the accused ...

I believe the best we can do is to try and not offend significant or
important groups of people and not deliberately offend anybody (usually by
making personal remarks about them).

We can argue about who are the significant or important people, but that's
best done face-to-face rather than through the ether.

David

p.s. is it OK to offend the alien worshipers by saying aliens don't exist?