Re: [opensuse-project] A project focus on small businesses
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:37:45 +0200
Klaas Freitag wrote:

Am 18.08.2011 10:49, schrieb Per Jessen:

Hi,

No, I didn't know about that one, I'll check it out.
The one issue I found when I was looking (back in 2004-2005) was lack
of support for multiple:
1) languages, 2) currencies and 3) VAT rates.

You want to check out Kraft [1], mainly done by an openSUSE fellow ;-)
Depending on your idea what 'accounting' is it might help you. All the
problems mentioned above are solved in Kraft.

Klaas

[1] http://volle-kraft-voraus.de

Thanks, that looks interesting too. Like I said, I have not been
looking for a few years, but it is about time we "upgraded", so links
like this are really helpful.

Wrt "accounting", the things I need are:

- double-entry book-keeping, pretty standard
- keep records of ins and outs
- MwST/VAT record-keeping (and reporting)
- reconciliation with bank records, credit card, paypal
- accounts in multiple currencies

Nothing very unusual.

/Per

--