Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Conference 2011 and LPI certification
Hi,

I will be attending the conference at Nyremberg and I would like to
participate in the exams (if they happen) for the LPI certification.
Where can I look for more information? Actually, will it be possible to
be examed for the certification?
If yes, what should I do? Should I study something? Any help and
useful resources
will be appreciated.

Do you know that SUSE/Novell have their own Linux certifications? First
you'll have to take the Certified Linux Administrator (CLA), which is a
multiple choice exam like LPI. Then you can go on for the Practicum Exam
for the Certified Linux Professional (CLP). There you have to really
_work_ with the system (configuring things) instead of memorizing more or
less irrelevant and weird options.

If you take (and pass) the LPIC-1 exams you will be grandfathered the CLA
by just telling Novell your LPIC ID. You can find more information about
the CLA and CLP here:

http://www.suse.com/training/

The links currently redirect you to the Novell Training Services pages. If
you have any questions about the certifications, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Peter