[opensuse-project] [GSoC 2011] Bug Reporting Tool - weekly report #2
  • From: Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur <mihneadb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 20:38:51 +0300
Good evening!

The update this week brings us the system data gathering module along
with some sub-modules for various information to be gathered for the
system.

The concept envisioned is something like this: there will be a
'gather.d/' folder, where programs can install their own relevant data
gathering modules. At the moment, we have these: lsmod, uname,
release, cpu-model, amount of RAM and video card model.

These small modules parse the relevant data from the corresponding
locations and all the data gets put together in a dictionary by
gather.py. We opted for this version because we can use the dictionary
to export the data as JSON, or ini-style, or whatever feels
appropriate. Also, because of this, the data will be easily parseable
for the maintainers who read our bug reports.

As usual, you can find the code here:
https://github.com/mihneadb/Suse-Bug-Reporter

Will get back to you next week! (last week with exams)
Mihnea DB