Re: [opensuse-project] How we will use the GSoC money
  • From: Sankar P <sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 22:41:59 +0530
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Apologies for the top post.

Is there a company/sponsor that if we sent them the money would agree
to buy SSDs for the build farm?

I can imagine $8000 in SSDs having a major impact on the build farm.
And that in turn could draw in even more obs users/contributors.

I am so impressed by this idea that I have a crazy thought.

Can we have a "Buy SSDs for OBS" fundraiser as part of the next
openSUSE conference ? I am not sure if it is a common thing to collect
money during a technical conference but I have seen such fundraisers
work magic for some of the non-profit organizations in my part of the

People who attend the conference can donate whatever they can.
Assuming an attendance of about 500 people, 10 EUR from each will give
a good number. Can we have this as part of the openSUSE conference ?

Sankar P