Re: [opensuse-project] How we will use the GSoC money
I can imagine $8000 in SSDs having a major impact on the build farm.
And that in turn could draw in even more obs users/contributors.

Greg

+1

I don't know if there's issues around legality of purchasing hardware
(without the foundation in place to handle funds) but infrastructure
supporting the OBS seems like a sound investment to me. Improving
build times would directly help the many projects using the OBS.

The alternative of contributing to one of the major Free Software
groups mentioned, who are actively supporting and producing quality
work, would also be satisfactory. Anything that offers some small
benefit in return, in the form of publicity or other (personnel
bugsquashing for a day?) would be nice of course, but there needn't be
strings attached.

Helen

--
IRC: helen_au