[opensuse-project] Attachmate

I looked at the recent archive and did not see any discussion of
Attachmate yet ... maybe people think it doesn't matter. But I think it
does. SJVN at ZDNET reports:

SUSE will be headquartered in Nuremburg, Germany and will be run by
Nils Brauckmann, President and General Manager

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/attachmate-reveals-novell-suse-linux-plans/8771

As for the opensuse project, Jeff Hawn (Attachmate CEO) said to SJVN:

SUSE sponsorship and participation in key open-source projects is
a fundamental element of the business. This commitment is driven by a
desire to contribute to and collaborate with the community in a way
that fosters the success of open source technologies overall and
creates the greatest value for our customers. The openSUSE project is a
great example of vibrant and healthy collaboration. SUSE sponsorship
and participation in projects like openSUSE creates great value for the
community and also for SUSE customers who benefit from the innovations
and advancements we create together.

I believe he means it.

Attachmate has many years experience coexisting with Microsoft, and with
IBM in the mainframe world. They know how to survive and prosper in the
midst of a hostile environment.

Attachmate's executives are smart money managers. I expect they will
compete against Red Hat better than Novell ever did. And that makes me
more optimistic for the future of opensuse than Novell ever did.