Re: [opensuse-project] Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
Le vendredi 22 avril 2011, à 20:10 +0200, Sebastian Kügler a écrit :
By not supporting Balsam, you disallow a company that invests into
openSUSE to not take part in the community.

Can you clarify what you mean here?

To me "not supporting Balsam" doesn't mean "hey, guys, you're crazy to
do Balsam, we hate you". It just means we support the software we
produce inside the openSUSE project (ie, the openSUSE distribution, but
also the build service, openfate, etc.), but we don't support this
specific derivative over which we don't have a direct control. In the
very same way that we don't support a lot of other derivatives.

Now, there might also be opinions like "we don't really understand why
you do Balsam instead of helping change openSUSE to make it do what you
want" (which, I think, is a fair opinion). But unless such opinions
become a statement from the Board, it's just personal opinions.

Those opinions might reflect what a good part of the community thinks,
though, in which case this means there's at least a misunderstanding
between the community and open-slx. If this is the case, then both the
community and open-slx should work on helping clear the
misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Vincent

--