Re: [opensuse-project] AN OPEN PROPOSAL ON openSUSE VERSION NUMBERING
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <albert.passalacqua@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:07:38 -0500
Hi Rajko,

2011/4/11 Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
You can test it as much as you want, any open source project is notorious
producer of patches, in a few months you will have hundreds of megabytes, even
when 0 day was perfect, but of course 0 day should be improved.

I don't want to discourage the initiative (as someone might think). My
point is that resources in the project are limited, and not that many
test the development releases already. This approach will favor that
behavior, because two months after release there will be a patched
ISO.

In an ideal world ISO's would be updated constantly, but in the real
one, where the project struggles to release a good "zero day" (well
11.4 is good :-)), I would really invite who wants to create images
with patches to first test milestones, if capable to provide patches,
and/or work with developers.

My two cents,

Alberto