Re: [opensuse-project] GSoC 2011: Bug reporting tool.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Dominique Leuenberger
<dominique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 23:52 +0200, Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur wrote:
That said: regarding the assignee, it can only become better than the
current situation in bugzilla where most bugreports initially go to the
(overworked?) screening team and take lots of time until they reach the
developers.
Yes, the plan is to figure who the maintainer is and to use that info.

I think this is a dangerous statement. For the GNOME Team for example,
as soon as you enter a gnome bug, it gets assigned to the
'gnome-maintainer' user, which is fine and who all of us GNOMEies
monitor.

Now I'm confused. I understand both points of view. I guess as long the team
that the package belongs to has some user like 'gnome-maintainer', the bug
should be assigned to that user, otherwise it should be assigned to it's
"rightful" maintainer.
What do you say?