Am 14.03.2011 16:20, schrieb Robert Schweikert:
On 03/14/2011 05:08 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Friday, March 11, 2011 22:52:25 jdd wrote:
Le 11/03/2011 21:37, Per Jessen a écrit :
(for anyone using arabic numerals at least :-).

that's an idea. why not use Latin numbers?

XI.V, XII...

Not with minors, please, let's add as suggestion:
7. "Latin": JDD proposed latin numbers
Next release is: XII
Following releases: XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII

Andreas
Another idea: I read about the former Red Hat Linux, that RH use the mm-system and just give a new major number, when the new release was incompatible to the former. Why we don´t do this? The user will see which release is newer _and_ he will see when the successor of his release is incompatible to it.

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu