  • From: James Mason <bear454@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:36:50 -0800
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
James Mason wrote:

Internally, I'd like to just make the codenames more obvious.  How
many people know the current release (officially 11.4) is codenamed
'Celadon' ?

Not many (until they install it).

The long history of using green shades/objects is neutral and unique.

Even if not always language-neutral.  ( is a shade of green in
my mothertongue).

I'd be fine with openSUSE lysegrøn :)

Along that concept, I could tell you off the top of my head that
Debian's last current release is Etch, but I'd have to google to tell
you that's 6.0.0.

- James Mason 'bear454'