Re: [opensuse-project] Contrib project
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:18:29 +0100
* Alin Marin Elena <alinm.elena@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-03-02 11:52]:

Agreed, my point was exactly that one would need to explicitly enable
such a repo with an obvious name which then really only contains
"crap" packages and nothing else.

i think that you are pretty liberal with the use of the word crap, with and
without quotes. The packages in contrib are not necessary a security
threat...

No, and nobody in this thread said that.

they simple did not get audited in the same way in which the packages that
made it into the distro.

Right, and I see no reason why these should not be moved to
Factory.
--
Guido Berhoerster