Re: [opensuse-project] CC (english-us and others) versus GFDL
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:55:33 +0100
Am 18/02/11 01:59, schrieb Pascal Bleser:
[...]
Hence I'm not really sure how we could change the license from
GFDL to CC-* on the wiki in the first place...

Would dual-licensing be an option too ? (CC-* + GFDL)
But to be honest, while the CC licenses are crystal clear, I
never had a deep look at the GFDL, I don't know whether they're
compatible in a way or another.

cheers

As I recall my reading on the de.wikipedia and en.wikipedia:
there was a meeting of the GFDL, CC and Wikipedia people. They made a
compromise. The wikipidia GFDL licence was 'upgated' to a new made 1.3
version which text allows to switch to a dual licensing.

Compare:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use

If more recognition of the authors' effort and rights would be wanted I
would propose first and foremost to restore the history of the old wiki
articles that has been completely lost in the copy-and-paste action of
most of the old wiki articles that are now on
http://old-en.opensuse.org/ (by the ones who 'lost' that history or by
others).

Regards
Martin