Re: [opensuse-project] CC (english-us and others) versus GFDL
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:29:01 +0100
To me second to the issue if a license will probably rated valid if it
comes before a court the question of be able to give and receive from
others is the main question.

The Debian Wiki projects is also currently discussing about their license.

An overview from http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms/Proposals

Some documentation in other projects, and their licenses

Ubuntu: CC-BY-SA (>=2.5)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/License
[1]
Wikipedia: CC-BY-SA (>=3.0)
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update
Opensuse: GFDL
http://en.opensuse.org/Legal
Fedora: CC-BY-SA (>=3.0)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses
Gentoo: CC-BY-NC-SA (>=3.0)
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Creative_Commons
TLDP: An aggregate of HowTos with various licenses. Default is GFDL 1.2
http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence
[2]

My adding this URLs to my firefox gave that additional information:
[1] With exception Ubuntu Packaging Guide
[2] Accepted licences are: Creative Commons BY-SA, Creative Commons BY,
GPL, MIT License, New BSD License, Open Publication License 1.0 with no
options

Maybe you could held a discussion about that issue (together with the
Debian people and others) on the next Linux Tag or something like it?

Martin
(pistazienfresser)

--
- Martin Seidler