Re: [opensuse-project] License and copyright issues that openSUSE Weekly News team are coming up against now
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:08:08 +0900
Hi Kostas,

Kostas Koudaras wrote:

BTW can anyone give me an example of a toplevel domain a second-level
domain and a sub-domain?

Although I myself can't read Greek, you can read s short explanation for
top-level domain at:
http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain

For example, look at the domain name 'software.opensuse.org'.

Top level domain: org
Socond level domain: opensuse
sub-domain: software

So, the word 'opensuse' is used as a second level domain in
'opensuse.gr'. On the other hand, I've registered a domain name
'opensuse-ja.homelinux.org' at DynDNS, but the term 'opensuse' is used
as third level domain in that case.

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/