Re: [opensuse-project] Public statement from the Board on the removal of a member
On Friday January 14 2011 06:18:07 Sankar P wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Friday January 14 2011 05:39:45 Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
Pascal Bleser wrote:

[...]

As you probably all know by now, the openSUSE Board recently revoked
an individual's membership as well as his access to the openSUSE
infrastructure.

[...]

Thanks for your well summarized and solicitous commentary.

I also deeply regret this unhappy ending and that I (we) couldn't come
up with the idea to change things for the better. I have to accept and
support this decision, but to be honest, I felt very sad when I saw a
person who has contributed a lot was being banned on IRC channels.

To prevent further tragedies like this, I think we need to review and
discuss the rules on our community and membership after the election,
not just for dealing with similar situations in the future, but for not
making it happen again and keeping our community peaceful and
constructive.

Well, perhaps enlighten the rest of the world what the problem was before
starting any "what should be prevented in the future" discussion.

As in what did $someone do and why was it a $problem to $anyone? (I don't
care about $someone but some definition of $problem surely wont harm)

Or provide some examples or at least some context since that currently
just hangs somehow in the air.

Explaining the problem further may lead to the above mentioned privacy
getting lost. I would say it is better to have trust in the board and
leave the matter at it.

If someone is still personally interested in knowing the problem and
verifying it, I believe a better way will be to ask the concerned
person directly or the senders of the mail, in private during a beer,
instead of a Google searcheable public mailing list.

It is simply about what the problem is. I don't care about any names but I
certainly would be interested to hear what the actual problem is before
starting some public discussion on how to avoid that unknown problem since
that is somehow missing the point be definition.

My 2 Cents.

Mine added.

PS: please don't cc me but simply mail it to the list so the "reply to list"
button works.