[opensuse-project] Questions for the candidates
Hi,

I read the platforms of all candidates, and I have a few questions :-)
I'd appreciate if you could take some time to answer them; it'll help me
vote in an informed way.

1) You described various issues you'd like to get fixed and goals you
want to achieve. Will you still work on (or help with) those tasks
if you're not on the board, or do you think you really need to be on
the board for some of those tasks?

2) How much time per week can you secure (approximately) for the board?
(I know it will be 0% of your time for some weeks, and much more
for some other weeks; I'm interested in the average)

3) Did you attend IRC board meetings already?

4) It's interesting that I see nearly no note about budget/money in
platforms. When (not if ;-)) we'll have the Foundation, the board
will have to work on a budget. So a few questions about this...

4a) Have you experience with creating/dealing with a budget?
4b) Where will we find money for the Foundation?
4c) What should we use the money for?

5) I do think it'd be useful to have some board-related meeting at
FOSDEM. That should help the newly-elected board members to know
faster what's happening, and how things work. Will you come to
FOSDEM? (I know some people, and that's most probably true for the
non-European, will likely not be able to attend; that's not an issue)

7) Do you care more about Free Software or Open Source? Just to be
clear: there's no wrong answer. But it helps understand why you
contribute to projects like openSUSE.

Questions to specific candidates, related to their platform:

Chuck: where do you think we could lead, instead of copying?

Sebas: what needs to be more transparent in openSUSE?

Kostas: do you have examples of "motives" we can give to people so they
participate in the project?

Peter: leaving you some more time for your platform :-)

Henne: not really a question related to your platform, but to your
experience on the board. What could be improved in the way the
board works as of today? (btw, it's not a way for me to try to
get the current board blamed in any way: we all know things can
always get improved, and time usually helps with that)
Also, can I get a dodo?

Sankar: some of your long-term tasks are partly technical (make
openSUSE an attractive development platform, make the distro
accessibility-friendly). How do you think the board can help
with that?

Nelson: can you develop a bit more on the 'anti burnout' campaign? What
would it consist of?

I wish you all the best for the election :-)

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.