Re: [opensuse-project] Time to decide: 11.4 or 12.0?
  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:49:11 -0800
On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:21:20 +0100, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

3. Desktops are about making information workers productive - period.
They're *not* about eye candy or games or media consumption.

I would qualify that slightly differently -

Desktops are _primarily_ about making information workers productive -
eye candy, games and media consumption are secondary, but nonetheless
important.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.8°C)

Up until the iPad took off, I would have agreed with you - Windows home
users *were* about games and media consumption. But I think the tide is
turning and consumers really don't want the hassle of a "whole PC" when
they can get game consoles and tablets and phones that show movies and play
games.
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul
Erdős