Re: [opensuse-project] Time for a change?! Talking on release numbers
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:33:39 -0500
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Kim Leyendecker
<kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks!

with the discussion of the version number of openSUSE 11.4 (12.0) I think we
need a thread to talk about it in general.

I think that the scheme we use today is the best, but some people want to
change it and maybe there are some very important points that shows that a
change is the best way.

I hope we can use this thread to talk on the release number scheme and don't
start some other discussions in other threads.

hope we can find a way to use

kind regards
kdl

Kim,

Were you part of the large thread about numbering/naming conventions
over the summer?

If not you may want to read this thread:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2010-07/msg00044.html

Note the thread navigation bar on the left seems to have a few hundred
messages in it.

Greg