Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing openSUSE Tumbleweed project
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 00:43:57 +0100
On Monday 06 December 2010 20:08:34 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 06 December 2010 10:41:08 Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 11:56:27AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 06 December 2010 11:55:17 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Just a suggestion:
We may can add a voting in OBS, where people can say "works for me"
or
"breaks heavily for me + bugnumber". The Tumbleweed maintainer can
decide afterwards, if it is worth to ignore the problems (there
will be always some). And this would ensure that a sufficient
number of people have tested the update. (I think base components
would require more people to test than leaf packages).

In case we have an agreement that this is a good idea, I offer to write
concept proposal early next year for this.

It's a nice idea, but voting can always be gamed, so I don't know how
useful this really would be in the end.

well, I would more see it as reporting like "works for me", "did not solve
the problem for me" or "update is harming my system".

Only real user accounts would be able to say their opinion, so it can't be
really gamed (at least as long we can avoid mass registrations).

And even then, why the heck would someone game that system? To break
Tumbleweed? And wouldn't the maintainer probably notice it? There's still a
human taking the final decision...

bye
adrian
< Previous Next >