Re: [opensuse-project] Packman for Tumbleweed (was: Announcing openSUSE Tumbleweed project)
On 2010-12-04 11:15:53 (+0100), Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 2010-12-04 10:46:23 (+0100), Detlef Reichelt <detlef@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:19:55 +0100
schrieb Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I personally agree that packages that could also be on
build.opensuse.org should go there instead of being in the Packman
repository but, unfortunately, not everyone in the Packman team
agrees.
because i don't want to split my packages in thousand repos on OBS.
An example:
I stopped building claws-mail on PackMan because it is in Gnome/Apps.
After that i get many mails why i don't build it on PM anymore: "it was
nice to have that in PM-Repo so it could be installed without add more
repos...."

And, furthermore, to reduce duplication of work, we always have the
option to move the packages over to build.o.o and _link them on Packman.
That way, updates and patches are shared and only done once, but we can
still provide the packages in the Packman repository ;)

(but it still consumes build power on our infrastructure and doesn't
alleviate the problem of people using Packman for multimedia also
getting updates for those)

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>