Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing openSUSE Tumbleweed project
  • From: Dirk Müller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:12:50 +0100
On Wednesday 01 December 2010, Vincent Untz wrote:

One other thing I'm worried about is that this might result in some
contributors focusing on the rolling update, and some others focusing on
the "usual" release. Ideally, people would work together, and on both,
but that's "ideally", and things will be different. So that literally
splits our effort.

I don't see why the efforts have to be splitted? If its a leaf package or
something where we can know that it is stable and compatible, you can release
a maintenance update for openSUSE. This process is open and already in use,
and you get the good security watching from the SUSE Security Team in
addition.

(and yes, I consider it bad that users have to search for a weird buildservice
repository that is not even in the default list to get the latest version of
e.g. digikam).

openSUSE Updates do not have a strict version freeze.

Greetings,
Dirk