[opensuse-project] Some figures about the bug day
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:22:13 +0100
Hey,

I just wanted to share a few figures from the bug day that happened last
Saturday, and get feedback about it. As a reminder, the topic of this
bug day was the zombie bugs, that we wanted to either close or move to
11.3/11.4.

Figures
=======

Open bugs in: 10.2 10.3 11.0
Before: 40 162 526
After: 15 89 360

(note that you might get different figures if you look for the figures
yourself: for some reasons, some bugs are private :/)

At least 10 people participated (and I would think the right number is
more like 15), as far as I can tell by a quick look at my (now
incomplete) IRC log. Thanks to all of them!

We had a few more people joining #opensuse-bugs (which used to be
empty). Some already left it, but you're welcome to stay on that channel
:-)

Feedback
========

IMHO, this went quite well and we made good progress. Some people
already suggested to do another bug day next week! I don't think it was
decided yet, though.

To the developers: you probably got bug mails this week-end :-) Was
there any big mistake that was done? Are you happy with the way it went?

To participants, and potential participants:
- I'd love to hear from people here if the fact that it was on a
Saturday helped you or made it harder for you to participate.
- also, we produced only a small documentation [1] for this bug day. Is
there anything that we should add to this doc?
- anything else we could improve?

Thanks,

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bug_Day

Vincent