Re: [opensuse-project] What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:00:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2010-11-07 at 11:23 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Steven L Hess wrote:

Substitute something else for professional. I am sure there are
plenty of users like me who don't care if "professionals" find
openSUSE useful. I don't do one thing "professional" with my 11.3
installations, I do things that are useful to me. Let SLED be what
professionals use.

I'm also not sure professional is the best choice of words here, but the
E in SLED is for Enterprise, which is different. There are many
small-to-medium size businesses that (could) manage very well with a
professional openSUSE distro.

Absolutely.

Although, the drop of maintenance time to only 18 months has sent quite a few looking for something else that offers at least 24 months.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)