Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board Election Rules, 2nd iteration
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:21:15 +0200
On Monday 04 October 2010 17:30:04 Administrator wrote:
I'm concerned that two sets of rules in here conflict, and there needs to
be a statement of priority. There are rules which reduce the number of
elected people (no more than 40% to one organisation) and rules to ensure
enough people get elected. They could conflict, i.e. by applying the 40%
rules there are too few electable candidates and so the election cannot be
held. Do we hold the election anyway (because it's better to have a board
than no board) or try to get more candidates (because it's most important
to ensure no one organisation has control)?

I would to try to get more candidates first and then hold the elections - and
then we might need to appoint some people,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany