Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board Election Rules, 2nd iteration
  • From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:38:31 +0200
Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 15:36 +0200, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Wednesday 29 September 2010 15:21:14 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
I fully support Henne's suggestion to get rid of the Novell/Non-Novell
split and open the whole board to the community while implementing the
40% rule as described below. But, and please let me raise a concern
here, if we'd like to consequently implement this change in election
rules, we'd also need to get rid of the current chairperson
appointment from my perspective. The chairperson currently is
appointed by Novell and to my feeling this still constitutes Novell a
special role.

With Novell as corporate sponsor, I propose to acknowledge Novell's role here
and leave the appointed chair person as is. If the sponsorship situation
changes radically, then I would discuss this as well,

Another solution could be to have the board appoint anybody it chooses,
with veto possible from Novell..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell